Connect with us

International sports

Hatayspor official confirms no sight of Atsu at hospital after rescue

Published

on

Hatayspor’s club doctor Gurbey Kahveci has said that they have been unable to locate Christian Atsu at the hospital where he was said to have been taken after being rescued from a collapsed building following Monday’s earthquake in Turkey.

The club’s vice president, Mustafa Ozat, had previously confirmed Atsu’s rescue and stated that he had sustained injuries. However, the current status and whereabouts of the player remain unknown.

“When we heard the news that “he was taken to Dortyol Hospital”, we especially went and looked, but he was not there,” Kahveci said.


“At the moment we accept that Savut Taner [sporting director] and Christian Atsu were not found, unfortunately.”

The death toll from the disaster has reached 11,000, making it the most fatal earthquake in the last decade.

Atsu’s London-based agent Nana Sechere has said that Atsu’s whereabouts are still unknown. This has caused further confusion about the player’s status.

He said, “As you can imagine, this continues to be a devastating time for his family and we are doing everything we can to locate Christian.”

Source: Thepressradio.com|Ghana

Trending

WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com