Tears flow as four siblings have been electrocuted after attempting to steal transmission cables. The Residents of Awoja Village in Soroti District, Uganda were thrown in a mourning when these four siblings were electrocuted on Monday morning November 28, 2022.
Two of the siblings died instantly, while the other two were seriously injured and taken to hospital. SP Ageca Oscar Gregg, spokesman for the East Kyoga Regional Police, confirmed the incident and announced that the bodies of the two siblings would be released to the family for burial unless they received the report of doctor’s autopsy before handing it over.
According to reports, Epou, 29, and his other brother Moses Atachu 28 years of age died instantly. The other two seriously injured people are Samuel Esuri, 23, and his younger brother, whose name has been withheld.
SP Ageca says the police were notified of the incident at 9pm, some of the detectives went to the scene and took the bodies to Soroti Regional Referral Hospital for an autopsy. During the investigation, they discovered that these four siblings had tried to steal a three-phase electrical transmission wire but had no luck.