Connect with us

GENERAL NEWS

Wee Somokers Burn Stored School Feeding Foods into Ashes

Published

on

According to the caterer of the school, Madam Mary Gyamena said he bought the food items from the market not too long ago to be used to feed the 1000 pupils in three schools for two weeks.

It has emerged, that a food storage room for the school feeding program in Saviour Municipal Authority (M/A) Basic School in Akyem Osiem in Abuakwa North Municipality in the Eastern region has been gutted by fire.

A closed source from Osiem Saviour Church members indicates, that the fire was allegedly caused by some wee smokers who have their ghetto closer to the stored room and often ‘go high’, leaving pieces of smoked weed behind and sometimes defecate around.

An estimated sum of five thousand Ghana cedis (5,000) of food items stored for feeding of about 1000 pupils in three schools for two weeks was burnt to ashes by the inferno except for a fermented corn dough.

The items destroyed include one and a half bags of beans, four bags of rice, one bag of Guma, half bag of gari, one box of tin tomatoes, and one bag of maize.

Additionally, seven packets of roofing sheets for a shed in front of the stored room were also burnt.

According to the caterer of the school, Madam Mary Gyamena said he bought the food items from the market not too long ago to be used to feed the 1000 pupils in three schools for two weeks.

He therefore said, the fire incident is going to affect the feeding but hastened to add that, she was in a meeting.

Trending

Copyright © 2021, The Press Radio Multimedia

struc