Home / SPORTS / International sports / Arsenal’s second bid for Thomas Partey rejected by Atlético Madrid

Arsenal’s second bid for Thomas Partey rejected by Atlético Madrid

Atlético Madrid have rejected Arsenal’s latest offer for Thomas Partey and insisted they will not sell the Ghana midfielder for less than his €50m (£45.5m) release clause.

Having first registered their interest in the 27-year-old in the spring, attempts to persuade Atlético to sell Partey less than his 50million release clause are unyielding despite not signing a new bumper deal with the Rojiblancos.

A bid of €25m plus a player was rejected a fortnight ago and it is understood Arsenal returned with a new offer of the same amount and out of favour midfielder Matteo Guendouzi.

This was turned down by Atlético on Monday, with Arsenal having previously indicated they were unwilling to match Partey’s release clause.

The Atlético manager, Diego Simeone, is desperate to keep Partey, who joined the club in 2013 and has two years to run on his current deal.

Meanwhile, Paris Saint-Germain are said to be on the brink of stealing Partey from the unwilling Gunners, who are not ready to pay the 50million Euros release clause of the Ghanaian.

 

Source: My News GH

About admin

Check Also

Barcelona agree to sell striker to Atletico Madrid

Barcelona have agreed to let striker Luis Suarez join La Liga rivals Atletico Madrid. Suarez …

You’re not good enough to play for Besiktas–Bernard Mensah told

Former Turkish international, now commentator, Rıdvan Dilmen, has claimed Ghana midfielder, Bernard Mensah, does not …

LIVE: EFL Cup reaction, transfers & latest on no crowds in sport until March

The Telegraph and Guardian lead on news of a potential rescue package for sports clubs, …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *