Central Regional Chairman of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) is warning of another defeat in 2020 if they don’t elect hardworking executives who have the party at heart.
Bernard Allotey Jacobs said almost all the executives who led the New Patriotic Party (NPP) to victory in 2016 have been retained and that is a huge threat to the NDC.
The only way out, he noted is for NDC delegates to elect result oriented executives who can match the NPP squad boot-for-boot.
“When I heard the results, I knew we are in trouble so we need Supermen to face NPP’s Captain Planet team” he stated in an interview on Atom News Sunday.
At the end of the NPP’s National Delegates Conference in Koforidua, the following were elected.
Results at a glance
1. Freddie Blay: Chairman (3,021 )
2. Rita Talata Asobayiri:1st vice Chairperson ( 3,670)
3. F. F. Anto: 2nd Vice Chairperson (3,185 )
4. Michael Omari-Wadie:3rd Vice Chairperson (3,028)
5. John Boadu: General Secretary ( 4,277)
6. Sammi Awuku: Organizer (4,913)
7. Abankwah Yeboah: Treasurer (2,492)
8. Henry Nana Boakye: Youth Organizer (423)
9. Kate Gyamfua: Women Organizer (686)
10. Abdul-Aziz Haruna Futah: Nasara Coordinator (201)