Three people have died in the Volta Region following a heavy downpour in some parts of the country on Monday, 18 June 2018.
The deceased include a grandmother, Yaa Gayi; 10-year-old Morkporkpor Dofe and 8-year-old Elolo Dofe at Sokpoe Morkordze in the South Tongu area.
They were electrocuted while attempting to seek shelter during the rains after the roof of their house got ripped off by strong winds.
“Electric cable that was connected from the main house to the kitchen fell on the roofing sheet on which they walked on and they got electrocuted,” Assembly Member for the area, George Asafo, told the media.
The Sogakope police have visited the scene and the bodies have been taken to the mortuary.