A 42-years-old taxi driver has died through electrocution at Gomoa Akramang in the Central region.
The deceased, Kwame Sampah, according to reports was killed on the spot during Monday’s heavy downpour which has rendered many homeless in Accra.
A family member, Raymond Otabil, in an interview with Adom News said the deceased had gone to re-connect his power after it had gone off during the rains.
He added that the deceased stepped into a stagnant water which had electricity wires in it, killing him instantly.
Raymond Otabil attributed the sudden demise of his brother to the limited access to electricity in the Akramang community.
Source: Ghana/Adom News