The Concerned Voters Movement (CVM) is calling on the government of Ghana, the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) and all relevant investigative bodies, public or private to take a probe into the recent contract signed between the Ghana Football Association and Zylofon Cash as new sponsors of the Ghana Premier League (GPL).
CHECK ASLSO: Anas Petitions EOCO, BoG, AG To Probe Nyantakyi
The need for the investigation is to clear all the mystery and secrecy that has enveloped the sponsorship contract and also to unravel any hidden deals that may have gone on.
CVM has noted a curious attempt by the Chief Executive of Zylofon Cash, Nana Appiah Mensah, to publicly oppose and even ridicule government’s statement that it is taking steps to dissolve the Ghana Football Association (GFA).
READ ALSO: FIC chases Nyantakyi’s bank accounts
CVM applauds Zylofon for the good attempt the company made at sponsoring the GPL but we are alarmed and have become very suspicious because of the attitude and public response of Nana Appiah Mensah after Tiger Eye blew an alarm on the corruption some leading officials of the GFA are involved in.
CVM would want to ask the following questions.
1. Why is a private investor in the GPL not supportive of government’s attempt to make the GPL corruption free?
2. Is Nana Appiah Mensah saying that he still stands by Mr. Kwesi Nyantaki as a partner even when the government and people of Ghana as well as world football bodies have all realized he should be investigated?
3. Apart from the sponsorship package, were there any other dealings between Nana Appiah Mensah and Mr. Nyantakyi?
4. Is it not strange that Zylofon refused to give out just GHC32,000 to support a charity programme organized by one of the company’s acts, Joyce Blessing and created some public embarrassment for the musician, but same company has absolutely no problem doling out millions of dollars to sponsor the GPL for free with no strings attached?
5. Why did Nana Appiah Mensah and Kwesi Nyantakyi both visit the Jubilee House after the deal was signed and what was the agenda?
6. On whose side has Nana Appiah Mensah decided to lean during these times of investigations into the GFA?
7. Why is Nana Appiah Mensah putting out public messages to incite some hatred for the government in these times?
8. In the Anas Video, a supposed sponsor of the league was offered some special favours as long as he could part with some inducement amount. What special favours does Nana Appaih Mensah benefit from the sponsorship package
9. Why is Zylofon Cash not able to publicly disclose the sponsorship amount the company signed with the GFA?
10. Was there a third party who brokered the deal between Zylofon Cash and the GFA but the person was shoved aside and left out of the equation when the first bit of the sponsorship money arrived?
11. Why is Zylofon Cash not able to respond to media reports that the company was in talks with Sani Darah to employ him to work for Nana Appiah Mensah just after the sponsorship was signed and announced?
12. Now that the courts have placed an interim injunction on all Ghana Football Association’s (GFA) activities, would Nana Appiah Mensah continue to tweet against the government of Ghana?
13. Kwesi Nyantakyi in the Anas Video, was seen allegedly receiving a bribe to illegally secure a $15 million sponsorship deal for GPL, acting simultaneously as FA boss and the representative of a ‘ghost’ company that would serve as agent.
This would have seen him pocket about 20 percent of the sponsorship sum, contrary to FIFA and GFA’s regulations. What were the terms Mr. Nyantakyi and Zylofon reached in the sponsorship package?
CVM would not relent in its quest to get to the bottom of these issues as we would be embarking on monthly regional seminars and talk shows to unravel whatever mystery may exist between Nana Appiah Mensah and the GFA, specifically Mr. Kwesi Nyantakyi.
CVM, for now would not want to delve into the controversies surrounding history and current standing of MENZGOLD, which also belongs to Nana Appiah Mensah.
Razak Kojo Opoku
(Founder & President)
Cape Coast court orders another election in Assin North
Two toddlers perish in fire at Moshie Zongo
Summon US Ambassador for hoisting LGBT flag – Sam George demands
HOT VIDEO: Leaked Video of a Ghanaian Seamstress goes viral
NDC declines EC’s invitation to review 2020 polls
VIDEO: Pupil teacher c*ught having s*x with 11-year-old in an uncompleted Building
POLITICS3 months ago
NDC declines EC’s invitation to review 2020 polls
SHOWBIZ KONKONSAH1 month ago
Sex coach tips on how to give the perfect ‘doggy’ style
SHOWBIZ KONKONSAH3 weeks ago
PHOTOS: Open Caskets of Famous People And Celebrities Whose Death Shook The World
CRIME & PUNISHMENT1 week ago
Glo Ghana Manager arrested for defiling girl, 14
News Africa1 month ago
Meet The 15 Highest Paid Presidents In Africa 2021, Akufo-Addo’s Position Will Shock You
POLITICS6 days ago
SAD: John Mahama may die
News Africa3 months ago
WATCH LIVE: Royal families transport AmaZulu Queen Mantfombi Dlamini Zulu’s remains to KZN
GENERAL NEWS1 month ago
‘Go on your knees and apologize or lose your media license’ – Sefa Kayi ordered