Sporting Director of Malmö FF Daniel Anderson has labelled Kingsley Sarfo’s two years and eight months jail sentence ‘tragic’.
The 23-year-old joined Malmo FF in a record deal from IK Sirius last summer following his superlative performance for the Blue and Black lads.
However, the Ghana international’s stay in the Malmo has been engulfed in legal cases after he was accused of child rape.
Sarfo had been in cells for some time now after he was charged with defilement in Sweden.
Although he pleaded not guilty to the allegation levelled against him because he didn’t know the girl was under-aged, there were claims that the 23-year-old has been involved in several sexual activities against under-aged girls.
But on Friday morning, the beleaguered midfielder was handed two years, eight months jail sentence in Sweden for two child rape counts at a Malmo District Court and will be expelled from Sweden after serving the jail term.
“It’s a tragic event for all involved. From they hit all the others involved. Clearly, it’s something that has affected us very negatively, now there is a possibility to move on when the judgment has come and the board can make a decision how to do, “says Daniel Andersson.
On Friday, the judgment came against Malmö FF player Kingsley Sarfo and club CEO Niclas Carlnén commented on SVT Sport.
“We have read what has come out, at the same time there is quite a lot of information in the judgment we want to compile and read through to make a decision on how to act in the future,” said Niclas Carlnén.
The CEO was quizzes if they regret forking out that sum to purchase the Ghana international, he answered, “I do not think so. We took all the information we could before we bought the player, that was nothing we heard about before. Clearly you could ask more questions, I do not know.”
“As stated, the board makes this decision. There is some form of statement after the board meeting,” he said after being asked if he will rejoin the team.